Posted September 14th, 2006 by Editors ITWNET
CEPIS, the COUNCIL OF EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL INFORMATICS SOCIETIES,
- Unites 34 Professional Informatics Societies over 29 European Countries.
- Is the voice of more then 200.000 ICT Professionals
- Encourages ICT literacy and best practice in the Information Society
- Promotes acceptance of professional standards for ICT Professionals
Through these, CEPIS enhances ICT professionalism and the role that ICT plays in modern society.
Recognising the potential of information and communication technologies to generate employment, to improve the competitiveness of business and the quality of life of all citizens, the members of CEPIS commit themselves so far as it lies within their power to work to achieve high levels of:
- Informatics education and training
- Competence and ethical behaviour among European informatics professionals throughout their careers
- User skills in the European workforce
- Awareness among all Europeans.